Senior Construction Manager
Our client is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today' s complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada, and Washington with a staff of over 200 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
The Sr. Construction Manager will be based out of our Fresno, CA office and will be responsible for the delivery of PCM oversight services to the Authority. The Sr. Construction Manager will report to the Authority’ s Design & Construction Manager, the PCM’ s Principal-in-Charge and the Board. Pertinent information and critical issues of the Project will be brought to the Sr. Construction Manager’ s attention and coordinated through him/her. The Sr. Construction Manager will be fully authorized to act on the Authority’ s behalf and has the following responsibilities:
Responsibilities & Duties
- Enforce the requirements of the CP1 contract
- Prepare and/or sign correspondence, coordinate day-to-day activities, resolve issues, and/or provide recommendations for corrective actions and/or mitigation
- Manage the functions of the PCM for delivery of professional and quality products
- Provide directions to the PCM staff and mentor them
- Review Project Status reports prepared by the PCM. The reports include monitoring and reporting on the Contractor’ s and the PCM’ s performance in conformance to the Contract requirements. The PCM’ s progress reporting to the Authority includes quality of work completed and progress of work including the Monthly Compliance Status Report.
- Review the PCM services plans and proceedures
- Review contract changes
- Participate in and/or lead meetings to discuss Project details and to resolve issues
- Meet with the PCM Team to coordinate activities and resolve issues
- Other duties assigned by Principal-in-Charge and the JV Board
Qualifications & Skills
- 10+ years of relevant design build and project management experience
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, required
- Professional Civil Engineering license in California, preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Construction Specifications
Meet Your Recruiter
Kyle is a Bay Area native who grew up in Benicia, California and graduated from UC Davis in 2012. He's an experienced recruiter in the IT, architecture, construction, and engineering fields. Kyle lives in Vallejo with his pit mix, Dewey. When he is not busy with (minor) upgrades to his house, he enjoys the outdoors, camping, snowboarding, bicycling, building things, Oxford commas, and playing guitar.