Senior Electrical Project Engineer
1 Bush Street, Suite 200 San Francisco, CA 94104
We are currently seeking a Sr Project Electrical Engineer to join our team. As a Sr Project Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of large building projects, including managing and mentoring the team of engineers in a particular discipline on the project, developing concepts and budgets, and producing the design.
- Looks for ways to improve engineering design and design processes in a particular discipline.
- Able to guide the development of Revit tools to improve productivity.
Project Management and Technical Improvement
- 10% time devoted to Project Management and Technical Improvement initiatives.
- Project Management shall include project manpower estimates, project communications, budget monitoring and inputs, organizing deliverables, setting project standards for delivery.
- Development of typical details, specifications, and drawing standards, including development of Revit standards in coordination with the BIM team.
- Keeping abreast of industry and technology changes and trends, and recommend changes in approach and services as appropriate.
- Improvement of analytic processes and documentation, common solutions, and critical solutions.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- 90% time devoted to the engineering of projects, particularly large or complex projects.
- Engineering shall include responsibility for the project engineering of large projects from concept and schematic design through construction documents to construction and commissioning.
- Provide design inputs and reviews of other engineer’ s projects.
- Attend meetings with clients and promote positive client contact with current or prospective clients.
- Participate as a team member, contributing ideas and possible solutions, and leading on issues where appropriate.
- Perform site visit surveys to determine engineering strategies for renovation, and to document and evaluate existing systems.
- Visit project sites during construction for reviews of quality, progress, and compliance with specifications and standards.
- Project reviews at all stages of design
- Responsible for the quality and timely delivery of the projects to budget.
- Mentoring of engineering staff on projects.
- As needed, provide support to Business Development, including write-up of key aspects of projects and presentation of work at industry events, and prepare fee estimates and assumptions for a particular discipline on potential projects.
Performance measured on project results
- Efficiency and profitability of the Engineering Discipline in that office or region and its contributions to firm-wide success.
- Quality of design solutions, as measured by level of integration, unique solutions, achieving high sustainability goals, and recognition by peers as excellence.
- The quality of work produced, as measured by completeness of design, absence of change orders and client satisfaction.
- Cohesiveness of the discipline team, as evidenced by ease and amount of work share, consistency of quality and delivery tools and standards, including drawings and specifications, and team communication.
- Client repeat business.
- Contributions to bringing in new work.
- Ability to engineer and deliver projects over $100m.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple practices across the organization.
- Must be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form, with an understanding of industry communication protocols.
- Must be able to inspire owners and designers
- Set, monitor and deliver to budgets.
- Project team leadership skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong multi-disciplinary project team leadership
- Ability to teach and mentor others.
- Able to work creatively to reach solutions to complex problems.
- Expert in current sustainable technologies applicable to the particular engineering discipline.
- Proficient with Revit and AutoCAD.
- Design of electrical systems for complex buildings and campuses
- Design of mission critical systems, including working with clients to establish performance criteria.
- Design of Fire Alarm and Life Safety systems for complex projects and complex controls strategies.
- Bachelors of Science in engineering degree, Master’ s degree preferred.
- Licensed PE.
- NCEES record allowing registration in any state.
- LEED credential required within 6 months of employment.
- Expert at all aspects of their discipline, including a track record of recent successful major projects over $100m, and one major project over $250m.
- 10 years project engineering experience, from concept to opening, with completed high profile projects included in the mix.
- Experience in leading or working in integrated teams.
- Experience in design and delivery of LEED Gold or Platinum projects.
- Experience with architecturally significant buildings
- Experience with potential project types in commercial, corporate, institutional and civic, justice, aviation, and healthcare sectors.
- Experience with Architecturally significant Buildings, Controls and Commissioning, Central Plants, Multi- Emergency Generator systems, and Mission Critical buildings preferred.
Meet Your Recruiter
Kyle is a Bay Area native who grew up in Benicia, California and graduated from UC Davis in 2012. He's an experienced recruiter in the IT, architecture, construction, and engineering fields. Kyle lives in Vallejo with his pit mix, Dewey. When he is not busy with (minor) upgrades to his house, he enjoys the outdoors, camping, snowboarding, bicycling, building things, Oxford commas, and playing guitar.