Superintendent - AHCA Construction
2900 Hartley Road Jacksonville, FL 32257
Responsible for the day-to-day execution of Healthcare projects throughout Florida. Works with Project Managers, subcontractors, and vendors to ensure the project remains on schedule within allocated budget. Regularly supervises work of employees and subcontractors; inspects and verifies work in progress. Strictly enforces compliance with safety procedures. Experience with AHCA healthcare projects required.
Responsible for direct supervision of specific construction project. Obtain successful cost results with respect to labor and material. Insure all construction quality is performed at an acceptable level. Is responsible for on-site liaisons with owner’ s and owner’ s representatives and must provide client satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Is in complete and responsible charge of project construction. Coordinates and directs all trades on the project, including subcontractors.
- Preplans and schedules project activity on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis, as required.
- Responsible for holding weekly subcontractor meeting with all subcontractors.
- Responsible for building, updating and pushing a 4 week look ahead schedule. This is separate from project schedules.
- In conjunction with Project Manager and General Superintendent, plans and develops construction techniques and methods, such as form work, tilt-up panel layout, material handling, crew sizes, and task sequencing.
- Responsible and accountable for holding required prepatory meetings. Meetings to be scheduled with Project Manager and General Superintendent.
- Prepares Daily Reports and keeps accurate, daily reports of all project activities.
- Assists Project Manager in soliciting qualified subcontractors. Monitors subcontractors performance and scheduling and keeps Project Manager and General Superintendent apprised of any job related delay.
- Responsible for perceiving and reporting to the Project Manager any extra work requested by the owner, or occasioned by job conditions, which is beyond the original estimate or scope of work.
- Responsible for verifying layout of accurate lines and grades for all work performed by Stellar employees and subcontractors. Checks and verifies dimensions within the design drawings and as related shop drawings.
- Responsible for day-to-day quality control of both company-performed work and subcontractors work.
- Is directly responsible for on-site safety and accident control and investigates and reports all accidents immediately. Holds safety meetings weekly and implements effective safety practices.
- Responsible and accountable for fostering good local relations with community as well as building a good working relationship with owner representatives and local plant personnel.
- Responsible for on-site training of employees in an effort to build a strong and knowledgeable work force.
- In addition to the above, it is expected that special duties will be assigned from time to time. It is further understood that these special duties will be performed as if they were included in this description of position.
- Directs activities of workers concerned with construction of buildings, or other construction projects by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
5+ years experience in a commercial / industrial construction environment.
State of Florida, AHCA experience.
Regional travel to job sites required - predominantly within Florida.
Reliable transportation and valid drivers license
Meet Your Recruiter
Kyle is a Bay Area native who grew up in Benicia, California and graduated from UC Davis in 2012. He's an experienced recruiter in the IT, architecture, construction, and engineering fields. Kyle lives in Vallejo with his pit mix, Dewey. When he is not busy with (minor) upgrades to his house, he enjoys the outdoors, camping, snowboarding, bicycling, building things, Oxford commas, and playing guitar.