Our client, a large well established Bay Area architecture firm, is seeking an intermediate level architect to provide coordination in 2D and 3D Building Information Modeling throughout the design and documentation process. The position will take ownership of BIM schedules, while motivating and following-up with appropriate consultant personnel to ensure timely model completion. A key skill is to develop and maintain positive long-term relationships with the Project Management team, outside consultants, contractors and sub-contractors. This position will lead the effort to redefine digital design and documentation processes, while analyzing and developing the virtual construction process. Projects include retail, commercial and housing / mixed-use.
- Work daily with project management staff to maintain the BIM process that captures client specified features of a BIM implementation.
- Develops, documents and implements practices and standards to optimize efficiency and accuracy of BIM projects.
- Works with project teams to integrate BIM into their current practices and enhance project value.
- Integrates and/or exports BIM data into various third party/client applications and formats
- Act as the central hub for BIM coordination with Project Managers, Owners, Contractors, Engineers and Sub Contractors to discuss and resolve constructability issues, design problems.
- Plan for timely BIM Kickoff meetings with the project team and follow the established processes.
- Run the weekly 3D Coordination/Clash avoidance sessions with the project team. Maintain contact with consultants and contractor teams throughout the project.
- Assist project teams with modeling building systems, document conversion, and file management as needed.
- Provide end-user support and training for BIM technologies, focusing on Revit and CAD.
- Minimum of 5 years experience using design software in a professional setting; an assessment of skills will be administered.
- A degree in Architecture or a related field.
- Must be self-motivated, resourceful and organized, able to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; must be able to articulate BIM concepts and practices to all levels of the team.
- Must maintain ongoing education to retain proficiency in the field.
- Demonstrate an intermediate to advanced knowledge and experience with the following software applications:
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Autodesk Navisworks Manage
- Autodesk Revit Suite – Architecture, Structure & MEP (2016 & newer)
- Microsoft Office
- BIM 360
- Scheduling Software - Microsoft Project / Oracle Primavera P6
- Adobe- Acrobat/Bluebeam, Photoshop
Job Type: Full-time