Sacramento, CA 95828
Our client, a large, national construction management firm, has an immediate opening for a VDC Engineer in the Sacramento office. The VDC Engineer will be responsible for assisting project teams in the implementation of Building Information Models and Virtual Design and Construction methodologies. The VDC Engineer is active throughout the life-cycle of multiple projects.
• Working with on-site Virtual Design & Construction staff to update models to reflect as-built conditions.
• Assisting with the implementation of these technologies on large-scale construction projects.
• Lead clash detection and RFI resolution with project teams in preconstruction efforts.
• Direct 4D scheduling efforts using BIM models in conjunction with project schedules.
• Work with local, regional and corporate IT and VDC staff in support, maintenance and development of firm wide BIM standards and 3D CAD tools.
• Support BIM and Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) production operations, Revit or Vico platforms and interoffice collaboration on these platforms together with IT staff, MEP Staff and Project Controls Staff.
• Participating as a integral team member in the adoption of Virtual Design & Construction program.
• Three to five years experience in architecture, engineering, mechanical systems, and/or construction.
• Engineering, Construction Management or Architectural degree or equivalent experience.
• In-depth knowledge of and direct support experience in AutoCAD 2000i/2005 required, proficiency in Revit, Vico Constructor Software or Bentley Architecture a plus.
• Experience with Navisworks Jetstream, Oce Publisher, Primavera, Buzzsaw, 3D Studio and/or SketchUp skills a plus.
• Project management, communication and multi-tasking skills are a must.
• Effective written and verbal English language communication skills.