260 Townsend Street San Francisco, CA 94107
Our client, a large construction management firm in San Francisco, has an immediate opening for for a VDC Engineer. Responsibilities include creating, evaluating, coordinating and distributing 3-dimensional BIM models for use by estimating and operations. Experience with dense urban large scale mixed use luxury commercial high rise construction is preferred.
The VDC Engineer is active throughout the life cycle multiple projects. He/she will provide preconstruction and estimating support as well as managing and developing project specific modeling protocols. The VDC Revit Technician will support the project team by taking the lead in administering and managing trade coordination as well assisting the team in leveraging model assets for change management, field coordination, construction details reviews, quantity take-offs, scheduling and training.
Required Credentials and Experience:
- Engineering, Construction Management, or Architectural degree, or completion of Construction Management Certificate Program, or equivalent
- Minimum three to five years of engineering experience Intern Project Engineer, Entry Level Project Engineer, or Project Field Administrator, or equivalent
- Ability to read and understand plans and specifications
- Effective written and verbal English language communication skills
- Ability to use sound independent judgment; self starting
- In-depth knowledge of and direct support experience in AutoCAD 2000i/2005 required, proficiency in Revit, Vico Constructor Software or Bentley Architecture a plus
- Experience with Navisworks Jetstream, Oce Publisher, Primavera, Buzzsaw, 3D Studio and/or SketchUp skills a plus
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned