Sr Engineering Design Professional - Electrical
1 Bush Street, Suite 200 San Francisco, CA 94104 US
We are currently seeking a Sr Electrical Engineering Design Professional to join our team. As a Sr Electrical Engineering Design Professional, you will be responsible for creating electrical drawings using Revit and AutoCAD as well as the design of portions of electrical systems under the direction of a more senior staff member.
- Develops, modifies and reviews Revit models of electrical systems and components including power distribution, lighting and communication systems according to established standards and Revit modeling techniques, based on input from the engineering team. Creates project drawings from the Revit model.
- Develops single line diagrams, riser diagrams and similar project documents using AutoCAD.
- Organizes and maintains Revit models and AutoCAD documents for multiple projects.
- Designs portions of projects under guidance of more senior engineers.
- Works closely with project team and assists to complete projects on aggressive schedules.
- Performs all work in a clear, complete, and accurate manner.
- Uses Revit to check the design for interferences with other building elements, resolves conflicts with other team members.
- Utilizes knowledge and experience in applying modeling principles for drawings.
- Produces equipment schedules, making changes and adjustments as necessary with input from the engineering team as required.
- Utilizes knowledge and experience in applying drafting principles for drawings.
- Mentors and directs the work of less experienced staff.
- Implements and utilizes Standards for projects and processes.
- Actively seeks new knowledge related to engineering practices, principles and regulations changes.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Advanced knowledge of engineering principles and practices.
- Advanced knowledge of building codes.
- Advanced knowledge of electrical systems and equipment.
- Able to lay out electrical equipment rooms, maintaining code-required clearances.
- Advanced knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of plans, sections diagrams and equipment schedules, and drawings.
- Proficiency in Revit, including BIM and AutoCAD required.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Basic knowledge about sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Ability to perform standard computer drafting functions using Revit and AutoCAD and be able to resolve design conflicts
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certificate preferred.
- Five years of electrical drafting experience working on one or more of the following building types: commercial, corporate, institutional and civic, justice, science and technology, aviation or healthcare facilities.
- Experience working and coordinating with integrated teams
- LEED credential required within 6 months of employment.