Sr. Project Architect: Healthcare (CAN WORK REMOTELY)
3633 Long Beach Blvd Suite 200 Long Beach, CA 90807
Our client, a premier, mid-sized architectural firm based in Long Beach, is seeking a Senior Project Architect for Healthcare projects. The Sr. Project Architect can work remotely from anywhere within the United States. We’ re looking for 10+ years Healthcare project experience, OSHPD experience is preferred.
- Support Management and running of architectural projects with the firm.
- Ability, skills and motivation to act as independent project architect.
- Assist team in business development efforts to win new projects as required.
- Work closely with Project Manager to establish project plan, milestone schedule, and staffing.
- Work closely with Project Manager to follow both construction and internal project budgets.
- Work in all project phases from programming through project closeout.
- Develop project cartoon set for assigned projects.
- May conduct client design meetings.
- May conduct team meetings.
- Responsible for code compliancy as it relates to Title 24, ADA, Energy Codes and Life Safety in relation to planning and documentation. Mentor and train staff on code compliancy.
- Work closely with the Design Team to execute the vision and spirit of the design for assigned projects and ensuring that constructability methods and technologies are explored and implemented.
- Monitor project schedules and tasks while enforcing office standards and budgeting hours per fee contracts.
- Keep abreast of technological developments and understand design and technical criteria such as new codes, new design concepts, computer applications, drafting methods, etc.
- Lead project team through documentation, modeling, quality control, and consultant coordination.
- Perform building systems selection, evaluation and detailing.
- Proficiency with development of building envelope details and interior building systems coordination.
- Understand, lead and review the development of project manuals.
- Schedule the work and oversee its production.
- Ensure each project complies with the client’ s needs, facility standards, and the company quality standards, delivering projects on-time and on-budget.
- Perform ongoing document quality control reviews.
- Motivate and mentor junior staff ensuring their professional and technical development and leading by example.
- Understand construction sequencing and constructability.
- Coordinate work and maintain professional relationships with clients, contractors, agencies, inspectors and consultants.
- Perform in all aspects of the CA phase.
- Responsible for quality control of documents.
- Provide exceptional customer service to our clients and build strong relationships based on trust, value and expertise.
- Identify ways to innovate and improve the accuracy and efficiency of our processes.
- Licensed Architect.
- Significant Healthcare project experience.
- Ability to manage and appraise own working practices.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work under own initiative.
- Exceptional Revit and CAD skills.
Meet Your Recruiter
Katy has been recruiting for the A/E/C industry for the past 16 years. She grew up in the East Bay Area and graduated from Saint Mary’s College in Moraga. Katy enjoys hiking, camping, jet skiing and scorekeeping for her daughters’ little league softball team.