Sustainable Design Specialist
399 Bradford St. Floor 3 Redwood City, CA 94059 US
San Francisco, CA • Sustainability
Are you passionate about design and the environment? We are partnering with a mid-sized A+E firm that is looking for a passionate designer that specializes in Sustainability. This position will assist in joining their team to help lead, create, and work with their clients to achieve the most sustainable design projects. You will provide guidance on design strategies and collaborate with their talented design and engineering teams through this process. You will manage the certification programs and advocate their commitment to climate action and environment. Is this you?
- Collaborate with the design team and clients on carbon-neutral and high-performance building design.
- Manage third-party project certification process (LEED, WELL, Fitwel, LBC, SITES, Energy Star and others), from start to completion of projects.
- Lead sustainability design charrettes and set goals for projects. Track design progress and documentation on compliance.
- Conduct building performance analysis, such as conceptual energy model, daylight and shading study, life cycle cost analysis, etc.
- Provide guidance on building wellness, carbon reduction and zero net energy building design strategies.
- Research and track latest building construction technologies, healthy materials, state energy code, reach codes and climate-action plans of local municipalities.
- Provide training and presentation to team members and clients.
- Work with the marketing team on project pursuit and outreach to clients.
- Support AIA2030 commitment and sustainability action plan.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in architecture, engineering, or sustainability consulting firms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Environmental / Sustainable Design, Mechanical Engineering, or Interior Design. Master’s degree preferred.
- LEED (BD + C or other specialty credentials), Fitwel, WELL or Sustainability accreditation.
- Strong knowledge of LEED V4 for New Construction, Core and Shell, Commercial Interiors and Zero, through education and project experience.
- Strong knowledge of Fitwel, WELL, Site and other certification programs.
- Strong knowledge of building envelope and MEP systems, and performance criterion such as ASHRAE, CALGreen, Title 24, local reach codes, etc.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, REVIT, SketchUp, Sefaira, Cove Tool, IESVE, Tally (or similar LCA software), Microsoft Office, Bluebeam, Rhino and related plugins (Grasshopper / Ladybug suites).
- Ability to work effectively with architects, MEP engineers, energy modelers and general contractors, on LEED and other sustainability certifications and incorporation of site and building design solutions.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without any restrictions or requirement of visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Ability to work in a hybrid vaccinated work environment